www.flickr.com

11.20.2006

My Favorite Word

So, Colin is still not speaking as much or as clearly as many of his peers, but he is starting to use a wider range of discernible sounds. It has saved everyone a lot of frustration. I think of all the words he has, home is the one that I love hearing the most. When he says Mama it is sweet, when he says sorry it is too adorable to not forgive him, but there is something in the way he says home as we drive home from work that makes me content in a new way. Especially now that the holidays are bearing down upon us, I feel especially thankful that we have a home to call our own, even with the chocolate brown toilet and gutters that clog at the mere suggestion of wind mixed with our pine needles. I always thought that coming home to our own house would be the best feeling- I never knew it could be trumped merely by Colin mentioning the word, but somehow it has. Funny how things can surprise you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home