www.flickr.com

11.12.2006

Where I saw myself in 5 years

It was 5 years ago this weekend that we first visited Portland. It all started with findyourspot.com. We came up with Chris and Jacqui and spent the weekend getting lost and exploring the sights of the city and it's surrounding neighborhoods. There are places we have never found again, and places we have returned many times. We left very excited and ready to pack up and move. We visited again in April 2002 and again that summer. I applied for various jobs and was repeated denied for lacking a master's degree. There were a few times in SC where we threw up our hands and said screw it we're moving -- and then we finally did it. We made the commitment and announced our departure for the NW almost exactly 3 years from our first visit to Portland. Unfortunately we moved to Olympia on accident, but it only took up six months to correct that and land where we belonged, Portland OR.
Five years ago if you asked me where I saw myself, I would have told you in Portland with a kid and a house. I didn't expect to be in school, but I would have been able to predict the basics.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annemg said...

That's great guys! Things always work out in the end. To Christine: No longer in Corning, we moved up to Redding, reducing Ryan's commute from 1 hour to 7 minutes. :) I love it up here, I'm so glad we went for it.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home