www.flickr.com

9.17.2007

professional installation highly recommended


CIMG6120
Originally uploaded by gregandchristine
Our powerbook crapped out this weekend and refused to even acknowledge that it had a hard drive. The instructions I found online for a DIY upgrade had an unpleasant number of warning exclamation points throughout them, but getting someone else to do it was gong to cost like 100 bucks, plus the drive. So I decided to go for it and hit Fry's this morning and spent Colin's nap splaying and reassembling the little PB with 2 dozen screws laid out in tiny constellations so as not to get mixed up. I thought I had all the tools I needed, but my smallest hex wrench was too big so I had to macgyver those out with a nail. Everything else went fairly smoothly, but I broke the F12 key and I didn't get the keyboard cable seated right on the first try, but overall it wasn't that painful, and it is already up and running with the OS installed in under two hours...

1 Comments:

Blogger JMV said...

Nicely done!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home