www.flickr.com

9.04.2006

my subconscious hates me

I don’t often wake up and feel very rested. Most nights I have marathon length, crazy, barely coherent dreams. Often they are like watching a very boring, very detailed movie. That’s right I bore myself in my sleep. I usually only remember bits and pieces, but enough that I can tell it doesn’t make any sense. I’ll describe some of the reoccurring features of my dreams another time, for now here is last nights dream which was unusually linear and coherent, but still quite strange.
In my dream I was following around Alton Brown while he was filming segments for episodes of Good Eats, we were in a supermarket (The VONS store on Tamarack in Carlsbad – before it was remodeled… details) He was talking about food science nad recipes like always, but everything he was talking about making was something he had already made on the show. No one was saying anything about how he had already done it all before until he was talking about pistachios and I made a reference to something he said about them in one of the shows. He got really upset and started yelling about how if people wanted to see something original he had something they hadn’t seen before.
He said he was going to make a “blessed cobbler” and started rambling about Native Americans using tobacco in cooking. Then we were filming at the beach and he was talking about how for this recipe you needed two tobacco leaves and how they needed to be cleaned, and that the best way to clean them was to dip them in the ocean, but that it was okay to use regular water if you had to.
Back in the supermarket, they set up an isle so he could walk down it and gather up all the ingredients for the cobbler. The isle had big smeared purple handprints, and demonic lighting He started by tearing up the tobacco and putting it in a bowl. He walked don the isle grabbing some stuff you would expect for cobbler, like sugar lemon juice… then he grabbed a can of garbanzo beans and 10 cinnamon sticks. He walked up to a big bowl of soggy berries and started rambling about punctured cell walls and since all they would give him was frozen berries he needed a gentle cushy container to cook them in. He them hollowed out a giant pumpkin with his hand and poured the tobacco/berry mix in. He then topped it with the granola he made in the oatmeal episode and cut a bunch of slits in the pumpkin.
There was a lot more to the dream, but I think you get the idea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home