www.flickr.com

8.31.2006

Mmmm… cookies


CIMG3019
Originally uploaded by gregandchristine.
I realized a couple weeks ago that I have never baked cookies. I rarely bake anything since I prefer to look at recipes more as guidelines- a habit that doesn’t lend itself to situations where a table spoon of flour can ruin the whole thing. My mom always used the toll house recipe and cooled the cookies on newspaper which made them very crispy. I always ate them, and I liked them but I really prefer them more on the chewy side. I decided to try baking chocolate chip cookies this week using the ATK big and chewy recipe (which also happens to be the way I prefer my beer). I also liked the idea of baking two trays of big cookies instead of four trays of small cookies. I over cooked them a bit so they still turned out crunchy around the edges, but nothing a big glass of milk can’t overcome. Also, to satisfy my need to not follow a recipe to the letter I threw in some peanut butter chips, since I think chocolate is almost always better with some PB.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annemg said...

Those look really, really yummy. Now I'm hungry. MMMmmmmmm

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home